Compare Travel Insurance Quotes in India for free. Get the best rates.On average, Indians save Thousands of Rupee per year by comparing quotes with us.
Get quotes from 75+ Indian Travel Insurance providers in 3 minutes.
Compare rates from India’s leading Travel Insurance providers
Travel Insurance Premium Calculator
What is Travel Insurance?
Travel insurance is an insurance category that covers unexpected losses incurred while traveling, either internationally or domestically. Basic policies generally only cover emergency medical expenses while overseas, while comprehensive policies also include coverage for trip cancellation, lost luggage, loss of passport, flight delays, theft/loss of personal belongings, public liability, and other expenses. Now, amidst the global pandemic, the risk of travel has increased even more so travel insurance policies now also include a Covid-19 cover in case you contract coronavirus during your trip. Hence you can enjoy your trip without any worry by enjoying a safe and hassle-free trip with the help of travel insurance.
Get the Best Rates on Travel Insurance in India
Finding the best quotes on travel insurance policies is easy at mediclaim.net. We bring you the most affordable premium rates on travel insurance from all the top insurance providers in your area.
What is the need to buy Travel Insurance Online?
Buying a travel insurance policy online comes with a variety of advantages. These are the main reasons why you should opt-in for a travel insurance policy online:
- Convenient – You can buy this insurance policy anywhere and anytime. You just need a device, decide a suitable policy and book it with any device to financially protect your trip with a travel insurance policy.
- Compare Plans online – You can easily compare different insurance policies online to choose the best one for yourself. As there are a lot of top insurance providers providing travel insurance plans, it can be difficult for you to choose. Hence, a website like mediclaim.net makes it easy to compare all the policies.
- No need for an Insurance Agent – You no longer need to rely on the expertise of insurance agents to buy an insurance policy. You can read all the features and benefits of every policy online and buy the one suitable for your needs.
- Affordable – It is cheaper for you to buy an insurance policy online rather than from an agent or office mainly because there is no commission and also because the operational cost of a company reduces online.
- Minimal documents:
You do not need to fill a lot of forms and submit many documents while buying an online travel insurance policy. You simply need to enter your details and you will get the insurance.
- Contactless purchase:
For the safety of yourself and those around you amidst this pandemic, travel insurance can also be bought online to ensure that you don’t have to come in contact with a third person or even submit any hard-copy documents while buying the policy.
- Quick buying:
You just need to fill in your details and requirements in an online form, submit some documents, after which you will instantly get your insurance policy issued.
Types of Travel Insurance Policies
This type of policy can be taken by anyone making a trip within India. It protects the insured and their family against any unforeseen circumstances during their travel. It has various benefits like the medical cover, baggage cover, personal accident cover, trip delay, and cancellation cover, etc.
International Travel Insurance provides coverage for a variety of unexpected events ranging from lost belongings to emergency medical care. These plans aim to secure your travel and provide for you in a foreign land, in case any adverse circumstances occur.
Schengen Travel insurance covers expenses arising from an accident, injury, illness, or death while the policyholder is visiting one or more Schengen countries. Along with medical expenses, many other benefits can be taken under this policy.
Family Travel Insurance
This policy is designed to cover a whole family under one policy which includes the policyholder, their spouse, and their children against medical emergencies, loss of baggage or passport, flight cancellation and delay, and many other covers.
Senior Citizen Travel Insurance
Senior citizen travel insurance plans are meant for elderly travelers of age 71 or above. They cover various health and age-related aspects of senior citizens that are excluded from basic travel insurance benefits.
Student Travel Insurance
This is a student-friendly policy that is designed for Indians traveling abroad for study purposes. It has an extended validity of up to 2 years and comes with extra benefits like study interruption, sponsor protection, etc.
Corporate Travel Insurance
This policy can be taken when a person has to travel regularly for business purposes. It is generally valid for one year in which all the trips are covered.
Group Travel Insurance
This is a comprehensive travel insurance policy that is for people who are traveling in groups either domestically or abroad. Personal accident and baggage cover are the basic benefits, and other benefits can also be taken.
Medical Travel Insurance
This policy provides comprehensive coverage focused on all medical-related expenses that might be incurred during travel overseas. This includes cover for medical evacuation, hospitalization, daycare, dental expenses, etc.
This insurance policy is suitable for people who make several trips in a year. Hence you get coverage for all your trips under one policy, making it much more affordable as well.
Single Trip Travel Insurance
This policy is suitable for travelers undertaking a single journey internationally. It provides medical and non-medical coverages beginning with the commencement of the journey and ending with the completion of the trip.
In case you lose your luggage during the time of traveling due to theft or other mishaps, this policy will provide financial compensation for the loss suffered.
Any unforeseen flight-related risks are covered in this policy hence any emergencies during the flight caused due to the aircraft or the airline staff is included. Coverages such as flight delay or cancellation, flight hijack, medical cover, delay or loss of check-in luggage, personal accidents, etc. are given under this policy.
Vital features of Travel Insurance in India
- Emergency hospitalization and medical treatment expenses are taken care of.
- In case of any flight-related emergencies such as delay, cancellation, hijack, missing connecting flight, loss of baggage, etc. is covered in the policy.
- Any adversities related to your trip such as delays or cancellations which result in a monetary loss will be reimbursed.
- A cashless hospitalization facility can be availed in the network hospitals of the insurance provider so the claim can be settled directly by them instead of the insured paying any amount upfront.
- Policies catering to the special needs of senior citizens focusing more on the health aspects are also available.
- For frequent flyers, one policy can comprehensively cover all their travels in a year, making it affordable, hassle-free, and quick.
- A variety of policies are available as mentioned above, to cater to every individual’s needs.
Significant Merits of a Travel Insurance Policy
- Emergency medical expenses up to huge amounts within your sum insured are covered along with medical evacuation facility charges.
- Cashless treatment is available in all the network hospitals of the insurer.
- Fulfills the mandatory requirements of some countries to provide a visa only after buying travel insurance.
- If you are in a remote area, you can be evacuated to the nearest city for better medical treatment with the help of your insurance provider.
- You can enjoy your trip without any worry for future circumstances.
- All kinds of complications during the time you are on a flight are also covered.
- Coverage is provided for all ages of people including children, adults and senior citizens. Special policies for students and corporate travelers are also available.
- Travel insurance also covers the whole family under one policy with the sum insured on an individual or family floater basis.
- In case there is a loss of baggage or personal belongings, you shall be compensated.
- The insurance company will also pay your legal liability costs along with your legal expenses in case of a third-party claim.
- Emergency cash assistance is also provided by the insurer in case your cash gets robbed abroad.
- Most travel insurance policies offer worldwide coverage.
- Some policies also include a home burglary insurance cover in your absence.
Inclusions offered in Travel Insurance
- Cancellation of trip in case of illness, injury or demise within the family or of your travel companion and in case of bad atmospheric conditions or due to a terrorist attack at your travel destination.
- Cover of trip delay.
- Loss of passport.
- Repatriation of mortal remains.
- Cover for delayed or lost baggage.
- Cover for all medical-related expenses.
- Emergency medical evacuation.
- Hijack distress cover.
- Compassionate visit of an immediate family member to the hospital.
- Accidental death and disability.
- Home burglary cover.
Exclusions offered in Travel Insurance
- Claims or treatment expenses caused due to use of intoxicating expenses.
- War, terrorism, civil war or other catastrophic events.
- HIV AIDS
- Alternative treatment.
- Cosmetic surgery.
- Adventure sport activities.
- Self-harm or suicide.
- Pre-existing diseases.
- Loss of passport when it’s left unattended.
- Loss of luggage that is shipped separately.
- Travelling to high-risk nations due to war, terrorism, natural calamities, etc.
- Travelling against the advice of a medical professional.
- Any other exclusions states in the policy documents.
Travel Insurance Online With Covid-19 Coverage
Travel insurance can protect you against the financial loss suffered due to coronavirus only in certain situations.
- Emergency medical treatments are covered if the tickets were booked before the travel ban took place.
- Domestic delays of trips and luggage loss as a result of outbreak of Covid-19.
- Overseas trip cancellations and delays are covered only on existing travel policies as per the terms and conditions of when they bought it. Moreover if only the trip gets cancelled due to a Covid-19 outbreak, it is covered.