Compare Schengen Travel Insurance Quotes in India for free. Get the best rates.
On average, Indians save Thousands of Rupee per year by comparing quotes with us.
Get quotes from 75+ Indian Schengen Travel Insurance providers in 3 minutes.
Compare rates from India’s leading Schengen Visa Travel Insurance providers
Schengen Travel Insurance Premium Calculator
Best Travel Insurance for Schengen VISA from India
A Schengen Travel Insurance policy can be taken when you are traveling to one or more of the 26 European countries that are constituted within the Schengen area. If you are traveling to a Schengen country you compulsorily need to take an insurance with a sum insured of 30 thousand euros or more of medical coverage to get a Schengen visa. Except for the mandatory requirement, travel insurance is also helpful in many unfortunate events you might encounter in your journey abroad.
The 26 Schengen countries are Austria, Belgium, Czech Republic, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Hungary, Iceland, Italy, Latvia, Liechtenstein, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Malta, Netherlands, Norway, Poland, Portugal, Slovakia, Slovenia, Spain, Sweden, and Switzerland.
What are the advantages of Buying Schengen Travel Insurance?
Along with flight tickets and visa expenses, daily living costs, medical expenses and any other costs are much higher in European countries as compared to India. Any unfortunate incident taking place abroad will cause a huge financial burden on you. Hence it’s crucial to invest in a good Schengen Travel Insurance Policy due to benefits such as:
- Cashless hospitalization facility.
- Emergency medical expenses benefit.
- Personal accident cover.
- Medical evacuation cover.
- Accidental injury, disability and death cover.
- Third-party liability coverage.
- Cover for loss of check-in luggage.
- Loss of passport and important documents.
Many more additional benefits are also available in addition to the above-mentioned basic advantages varying on the type of policy you choose.
Requirements for Schengen Visa Travel Insurance
The following criteria has to met in order to obtain a Schengen Visa:
- Minimum insurance coverage of 30,000 euros.
- Insurance policy has to cover all unexpected medical emergencies like medical illness, accidental injuries, medical evacuation, repatriation of remains, etc.
- The Schengen Travel Insurance must cover and be valid in all the 26 member Schengen countries in Europe that accept a Schengen Visa.
- All Indian citizens as well as citizens of other countries that are legally residents of India can apply for Schengen Visa in India.
- Other Indian citizens that are currently residing in another country can only apply for a schengen visa in India if they are legally present there and also give justification for doing so while they are in India rather than in their current resident country.
Types of Schengen Visa Travel Insurance
You can use different types of Schengen Visa that serve travelers differently. Some of the most common types of Schengen Visas are:
- National Visa.
- Tourist Visa.
- Airport Transit Visa.
- Business Visa.
- Official Visa.
- Visiting friends and family.
- Medical treatment visa.
- Study visa.
Single-entry, double-entry and multiple-entry visas can be issued depending on your traveling purposes. Short stay visa is valid for 90 to 180 days for tourist or business purposes. This short-stay visa is of two types i.e. Uniform Schengen Visa(USV) and Limited Territorial Validity(LTV) visa.
Inclusions in a Schengen Travel Insurance Policy
A basic Schengen travel insurance policy includes only medical expenses within the scope of it’s cover as the coverage of 30,000 euros of medical coverage is mandatory.
However, multiple benefits apart from medical costs that are covered by various companies with extra premiums which is why this policy is so crucial for any traveller. These benefits are given below:
- Medical expenses cover.
- Loss of baggage cover.
- Trip cancellation and disruption cover.
- Financial emergency assistance.
- Flight delays/cancellations
- Missed connection flight cover.
- Medical evacuation.
- Passport loss cover.
- Personal liability.
- Legal costs cover.
- Dental coverage.
- Repatriation expenses cover.
- Compassionate visit of one family member.
- Flight hijack risk cover.
- Trip delay.
- Baggage delay.
- Home burglary insurance.
Many other benefits can also be included in your policy according to your requirements.
Exclusions in a Schengen Travel Insurance Policy
All of the criterias given below are not covered in this type of insurance policy:
- Claims or treatment expenses caused due to use of intoxicating expenses.
- Expenses incurred if you are traveling to receive a treatment abroad.
- Financial losses suffered if you have been given terminal prognosis for any medical condition.
- Expenses due to receiving or being in waitlist for a specified medical treatment.
- War, terrorism, civil war or other catastrophic events.
- HIV/ AIDS or any other sexually transmitted diseases.
- Alternative treatment.
- Cosmetic surgery.
- Adventure sport and water sport activities.
- Self-inflicted harm or suicide.
- Mental disorders such as anxiety, depression or stress.
- Venereal diseases.
- Pre-existing diseases.
- Life-threatening conditions arising out of any diseases that were not disclosed at the time of taking the policy.
- Loss of passport or personal belongings when it’s left unattended.
- Loss of baggage that is shipped separately.
- Only partial loss or damage to the checked in baggage.
- If the loss of passport or personal belongings is not informed to the police authorities in your travel region.
- If you are travelling against the advice of a medical professional.
- Any other exclusions stated in the policy documents.
What is the requirement for a Schengen Travel Insurance Policy?
You should take a Schengen Travel Insurance Policy from mediclaim.net due to the following reasons:
- The most important reason is that this travel insurance is a compulsory requirement to get your Schengen Visa approved.
- There are many risks that you might be exposed to while travelling in a foreign country for a short or long period of time which may land you in financial strains and also lack of support as it’s an unfamiliar place with unknown people.
- Every Schengen Travel Insurance Policy will provide you various medical benefits such as hospital cash, medical aid, out-patient and in-patient expenses, therapies, medical evacuation, personal accident cover, dental treatment, etc. to make your journey safe.
- Along with making your journey medically safe it also helps in making your journey financially secure by offering non-medical travel-related covers like financial emergency assistance, hijack allowance, contingency travel benefits, loss of baggage, loss of important documents, etc.
Who provides Schengen Travel Insurance?
You can buy a mandatory Schengen Visa Travel Insurance Policy from the top insurance providers by comparing their premiums, features, benefits and terms on mediclaim.net.
The top insurance companies offering the best travel insurance policies in India are Bharti AXA, Reliance Gener, Care travel Future Gnerali, Digit, Chola MS, Aditya Birla, Bajaj Allianz, HDFC Ergo, Star, Royal Sundaram, Tata AIG, United India, Universal Sompo, SBI General, Royal Sundaram, National Insurance, New India Assurance, Oriental Insurance, IFFCO Tokio, etc.
It can be difficult to choose the perfect Schengen Travel Policy when there is such a plethora of companies offering a variety of benefits to their policyholders. Hence by doing a comparison on mediclaim.net, you can get a clear picture of the exact insurance policy you want based on your requirements.