Compare Domestic Travel Insurance Quotes in India for free. Get the best rates.
On average, Indians save Thousands of Rupee per year by comparing quotes with us.
Get quotes from 75+ Indian Domestic Travel Insurance providers in 3 minutes.
Compare rates from India’s leading Domestic Travel Insurance providers
Domestic Travel Insurance Premium Calculator
Domestic Travel Insurance India
A domestic travel insurance policy can be taken by anyone planning a trip within the geographical boundaries of India. It protects the insured and their family against any unforeseen circumstances during their travel. It has various benefits like medical cover, baggage cover, personal accident cover, trip delay, and cancellation cover, loss of personal belongings cover, missed and delayed flight cover, third party liability cover, etc.
In case of any unfortunate events during the timeline of the policy, the insured can make sure that they stay protected from monetary loss by getting direct financial assistance from the insurance provider. This makes your trip safe and stress-free.
Features of Domestic Travel Insurance Policy
A person with domestic travel insurance has a lot of advantages
- Coverage is provided for the insured only.
- It is available for people who are between the ages of eighteen and sixty-five years.
- The process is affordable, seamless, and quick which makes it convenient to be prepared for any unfortunate happenings while traveling within your own country.
- Loss of travel tickets and passports is also covered in this policy.
- The cover is usually provided for the term of one year and the maximum amount which you can be compensated for is the the sum assured in the policy documents.
- If there is a delay in your flight due to which you also miss your connecting flight, the expenses will be covered by the insurance provider.
- In case of emergency evacuation and repatriation, all the costs will be comprehensively covered by the insurer.
- If you are liable for a third-party property damage, it will be covered.
- All kinds of emergency medical and hospitalization costs are covered including anesthetic dental treatment expenses.
- In case your baggage is lost due to theft or other circumstances, the full amount will be covered.
- Emergency cash and direct settlement with hospitals is a major advantage.
What is the eligibility for buying Domestic Travel Insurance in India?
Given below are all the prerequisites for purchasing a domestic travel insurance policy from any good company in India:
- Any Indian citizen travelling within the boundaries of the country can opt for this policy.
- Any national from another country who is traveling in India or working in India with a permit can also buy this policy.
- The eligibility criteria for age is different from plan to plan but most likely, people between the age of 18 to 65 years can be covered in this policy.
- The coverage that you are eligible for depends on several factors such as the places you are traveling to, timeline of your trip, pre-existing medical conditions, risks that are likely to be faced, etc.
- Travel insurance can be taken for any mode of travel such as roadways, railways or airways.
Inclusions and Benefits in Domestic Travel Insurance
A domestic travel insurance is the perfect solution for you to cover any risks that might be imminent in your journey and may cause a hindrance. Domestic travel insurance covers all the major circumstances that might take place during the travel period and cause a financial loss for the insured unless the activities are done on purpose or they are a result of the policyholder’s mistakes. This is an essential part of one’s travel journey to enjoy your trip with peace of mind and happiness. Let’s look at the covers provided under a domestic travel insurance policy which make your journey stress-free:
- Medical costs cover
If a medical emergency occurs on your trip such as an illness, injury or any other serious conditions then domestic travel insurance in India covers such medical expenses so that you do not have to face financial losses and can be assured that in case anything were to happen to you, your health will be protected. This is especially important when you don’t have a health plan or have one that doesn’t offer enough coverage.
- Baggage loss cover
Loss of such baggage can prove to be a major hindrance while traveling anywhere be it less baggage or more. Not only is there a loss of baggage but also of time and effort in managing your trip without the baggage. Domestic travel insurance in India covers you for the financial loss suffered due to theft or other circumstances that resulted in loss of your luggage. Many airlines do cover the loss of baggage but it’s still better to be on the safe side especially if you are traveling through another mode of transportation.
- Personal Accident Cover
Accidents can happen with anyone at any point of time in any place. It causes huge financial expenses and a lot of stress especially if it happens at an unfamiliar place. Therefore, travel insurance covers the insured against injuries faced during their travel. Accidental temporary and permanent disability, partial and total disablement as well as accidental death is covered in this policy. Repatriation of remains and evacuation costs are also included.
- Flight cancellation, delay and missing connecting flight
There can be numerous reasons such as weather conditions, technical issues, aircraft problems, etc. for a delay or cancellation in your flight. It is troublesome especially when you also miss a connecting flight, this leads to an extra financial burden on you to immediately change your entire travel plan. Domestic travel insurance offers financial reimbursement against such losses.
- Personal Liability
There is a chance that while you are on a trip, you can accidentally cause damage to other people’s property. In such cases, you will be liable to compensate them for the losses they have suffered. In this case legal costs and settlement amounts can be reimbursed by the insurance companies. This is a newly-introduced but important benefit of taking domestic travel insurance from some companies.
- Emergency Cash
Cash is required by a person no matter what troublesome situation they encounter, especially in remote areas. Hence some insurance companies often assist travellers with emergency during hospitalization, robbery and otherwise if they are in an adverse situation.
- Cashless claims
A cashless hospitalization facility can be availed in the network hospitals of the insurance provider so the claim can be settled directly by them instead of the insured paying any amount upfront. This is another convenience of buying a domestic travel insurance policy especially if you don’t travel with a lot of cash or it gets robbed during the accident and otherwise.
Exclusions in Domestic Travel Insurance India
Any loss or damage occurring due to the following circumstances are not covered in a domestic travel insurance policy:
- Non-medical expenses.
- If the insured is detected with a terminal ailment.
- If the insured is travelling for the purpose of medicinal treatment.
- Claims or treatment expenses caused due to use of intoxicating expenses.
- War, terrorism, civil war or other catastrophic events.
- Sexually transmitted diseases.
- Mental disorders like depression, anxiety, stress, etc.
- Alternative treatment.
- Cosmetic surgery.
- Adventure sport activities and water sports.
- Self-harm or suicide.
- Illegal activities performed by the insured person.
- Pre-existing diseases.
- Loss of passport when it’s left unattended.
- Loss of luggage that is shipped separately.
- If the insured is part of the army and has not informed the insurer earlier.
- If the insured steps out of the national borders or geographical boundaries of India.
- Travelling against the advice of a medical professional.
- Any other exclusions stated in the policy documents.
Claim Process for Domestic Travel Insurance
The following steps can be followed for settling a claim for this policy:
- You can settle your claim instantly over the phone in case of small and simple claims. This can be done online with a quick process.
- For some complicated claims you might have to produce a claim form, submit some documents, give relevant evidence and witnesses, etc.
- Depending on the type and size of claim and the present circumstances, you can choose to settle your claim online or offline.
Domestic Travel Insurance with Covid-19 Coverage
Domestic travel insurance can protect you against the financial loss suffered due to coronavirus only in certain situations.
- Emergency medical treatments are covered if the tickets were booked before the travel ban took place.
- Domestic delays of trips and luggage loss as a result of outbreak of Covid-19.
- Overseas trip cancellations and delays are covered only on existing travel policies as per the terms and conditions of when they bought it.
- Moreover if only the trip gets cancelled due to a Covid-19 outbreak, it is covered.